Friday, July 17, 2009

Iron(wo)man 70.3- Vineman


Ashley and I have a timeshare that builds credits that we can use at many timeshare locations throughout the USA and a few international places. Some of our credits expire if we don't book them before July 31, so Ashley and I sat down together tonight to decide where we wanted to vacation next summer. We considered Mexico, Florida, and California because after Belize, I love the beach and just want to go back every year. There is a timeshare location in Oceanside, CA which coincides with a half-ironman and I thought it would be great to vacation to a destination race (yes, I am just that addicted.) However, Ashley has been wanting to visit the vineyards of Northern California for a couple of years now. So, while looking at the California destinations, I found out that there was another timeshare location in Windsor, CA which matches both of our desires- a race and the vineyards. I haven't registered yet (registration for next year doesn't open until this year's event is over on Sunday) but I am truly excited! Next step, find a swim coach because I don't want to spend 60 min in the water. Anyone with a suggestion, please leave a comment! What about my beach, you may wonder? Don't worry, we found a way to use the remaining credits to spend some time in Floriday in May while we are back east for a Bar Mitzvah.

In case you are wondering, a half Ironman consists of a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run- and yes, you do those all consecutively. You can learn more or see pics of the event here.

1 comment:

mel said...

Have your registered? What a perfect vacation for the two of you!