Thursday, February 24, 2011

cards by belle returns

You may wonder, if you haven't known me for long, why my blog is at cardsbybelle.blogspot.com. What do cards and belle have to do with Rhielle? Many years ago, I was famous for making beautiful home made cards. This was at the beginning of the card-making boom and I thought that someday I might open a business where people could purchase a one-of-a-kind card for their loved one. I soon realized, however, that creating one-of-a-kind cards was not important to people because using a design for only one card made them very expensive. I created a blog where I thought I would showcase some work but then it just turned into a place to write down my thoughts. Now, people turn to cards by belle to read about me!

On Sunday, my father celebrated his 58th birthday. I took him and my mom out to lunch on the next day and gave him his birthday card. I haven't made any of these unique cards in a while. It was fun to put one together again. And, the inside (although you can't see it) the card hosts a gift certificate which makes it great wrapping paper.

Later that afternoon, I came home and made cards for everyone who has a birthday in March. You will have to check back for images, I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for those who are receiving them.


2 comments:

The Recipe Exchange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garth & Ashley Pedersen said...

fun! Glad you got back to it. I've found that doing cards and scrapbooking that kind of stuff is relaxing and my cool down time. Hope everything is going well for you guys!