Monday, February 21, 2011

ebay fun

I love equipment. In fact, I like it so much that some people would call me names
like,"gearhound," "gearhead," or my personal favorite, "gear-whore." That's right, sometimes I wonder what I would do for some new gear. Now that I have a new career that involves running and using a particular brand of gear I don't necessarily have a chance to use all that old gear. My little sis doesn't run in the same size of running shoes as I do anymore so I decided to get online and sell all this unused gear. Ironically, it isn't worth much, $10 or $15 for a pair of running shoes here and there. But you know what is surprisingly worth a lot more, beer tap handles!

Yup, you read that right! A few weeks ago I was cleaning out one of the homes that Ashley takes care of in Park City after Stella Artois, a beer company, checked out of it during the Sundance Film Festival. Stella had left behind an entire box of beer tap handles. I decided to take them home with me and see if I could list them on ebay and make a few bucks. Little did I know, they are super valuable on ebay and each one went for at least $15 and some went for as much as $25! Seriously, I had no idea.


This little pile of stuff is worth a few hundred bucks. Not bad for a day's work! Lesson learned: anything that has to do with alcohol is worth money...never leave it behind!

1 comment:

elspeth said...

This post made me laugh:)