Friday, October 10, 2008

Havin' a Good Year

I realize that New Year Reflections are a couple of months away but I was taking a shower the other day, a great, warm place to think, and I realized I am having a great year! As one year after another comes to a close, yes, 2009 is only a couple of months away, it is always nice to look back and feel like you have accomplished something. I must say, 2008 has been one of my favorites. Here are a few things that happened.
  • I got engaged to Ashley, the man who challenges me every day.
  • I got out of debt and debt free is the way to be!
  • I got healthy. Thanks to Ash who encouraged me every day to make myself whole again I am running 20-25 miles/week now and training for my first-ever road marathon.
  • I AM RUNNING! I forget how nice it feels to be so happy with my fitness and to be on cloud 9 every day because of my exercise.
  • I went back to school and found something I am passionate about! You should hear me sometimes, my soapbox is getting very well used. Also, it feels very good to have an academic goal and a career goal after I am finished with my education.
Well, five things are enough to make me feel like I have really accomplished a lot this year. I love looking at my life and feeling completely satisfied. How often do you get to look at where you are when the world around you appears to be falling to pieces, and you say to yourself, "I am standing still and I am in control and it makes me happy." That is where I am right now and I am havin' a great year!

1 comment:

Kamilie said...

RHIELLE!!!!!!!! Hello :D

I found your blog on Jedda's blog... And I can't believe you have been engaged for almost a year and I didn't know!!!! How exciting is that! I am so excited for you!

My blog is -- http://www.benandkami.blogspot.com/